Sunday, January 1, 2017

Goals for 2017

The goals I've laid out for 2017 are similar to the ones from last year. They aren't anything crazy, just some things that will help move the layout construction along. I'm hoping to at a minimum have the track and wiring done this year so I can focus on building a locomotive and rolling stock fleet. This whole model railroading thing is a long term project to me so the rest can always wait until I can find more free time for it.

Goals for 2017
  • Finalize the track plan for the basement layout
  • Purchase and install the rest of the track and cork roadbed
  • Complete wiring and DCC system hookup
  • Be able to run trains and basic operations
  • Purchase and build another structure kit
  • Add to my Detroit & Mackinac collection

Knowing that I wasn't really able to meet any of my goals for 2016, I'm going to use these as just a rough guideline for the upcoming year. I'll be happy as long as I can find some free time here and there to work on the layout. I'd really like to at least have some trains running so I can share that with my two sons. I'm also really looking forward to working on the structure kits for the city and industrial scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment